BLA Claims 22 Attacks in Balochistan, Says 26 Pakistani Security Personnel Killed

Balochistan Liberation Army claims 22 attacks in eight days, says 26 Pakistani security personnel were killed; casualty figures remain unverified

The Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed responsibility for a series of attacks against Pakistani security forces across Balochistan, alleging that its fighters carried out 22 attacks during an eight-day operation.

In a statement issued on Monday, the group claimed that 26 Pakistani security personnel were killed in attacks targeting military and security installations. The claims have not been independently verified.

Multiple Areas Targeted

According to the BLA statement, attacks were reported in several areas, including Kalat, Surab, Chagai, Kharan and Panjgur. The group claimed that improvised explosive device (IED) attacks in Kalat and Surab resulted in the deaths of 20 security personnel.

The group also claimed responsibility for attacks targeting police and security posts in different parts of the province. It further alleged that commercial vehicles and vehicles associated with Pakistani security forces were targeted, with nine vehicles reportedly destroyed during the operation.

The BLA also claimed attacks on roads, railway infrastructure, security installations and economic projects in the province.

BLA Links Attacks to Earlier Airstrikes

The BLA described the latest attacks as retaliation for alleged Pakistani airstrikes in the Surab area. According to the group, those strikes killed 27 civilians and injured several others. These claims have also not been independently verified.

The latest escalation comes amid continuing tensions between the Pakistani government and Baloch separatist groups in Balochistan, a province that has witnessed a long-running insurgency.

Minister’s Convoy Previously Targeted

Last week, the vehicle of Balochistan’s provincial Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langau was reportedly targeted in Mastung. Six people, including security personnel accompanying the minister, were injured in the incident.

The latest attacks, including those reported around Pakistan’s Independence Day, have renewed concerns over the security situation in Balochistan and the continuing challenge posed by militant violence in the region.

The Pakistani authorities have not independently confirmed the BLA’s reported casualty figures and claims of responsibility.

Baloch separatist movementBalochistan attacksBalochistan conflictBalochistan insurgencyBalochistan Liberation ArmyBalochistan Liberation Army attackBalochistan militant attacksBalochistan violenceBLABLA attacksBLA latest newsKalat attackMastung attackPakistan ArmyPakistan Independence Day attackPakistan latest newsPakistan security forcesPakistan security newsPakistani security personnel killedSurab attack